THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Boat transport to and from the island on the morning transfer
- Accomodation in one of our 7 award winning Eco bungalows
- Full-board meals
- Sodas, water and snacks
- Boat, guide and equipment for snorkelling
- Tuition in snorkelling, if required
- Snorkeling over one of the world`s most pristine and diverse coral reef
- Guided walk through the forest trails and intertidal area (if low tide)
- Guided walk to view the endangered coconut crabs in the evening
- WIFI around the office (powered by solar)
- All taxes
The price is not inclusive of taxi transfers, late boat transfers, alcoholic drinks, (which are available for purchase on the island).
Boat departure time to Chumbe Island is 10:00 a.m. daily from the beach of the Mbweni Ruins Hotel (10 minutes drive south of Stonetown). Check out is at 08:00 for 09:00 boat departure. Advance booking for all reservations is required. Later boats to depart to the island can be arranged for US$ 50, and we can also collect you from the Airport, Port or town hotels for US$ 12.
Since Chumbe Island has only 7 eco-bungalows, their occupancy is very important to the success of our organization. Therefore, the following cancellation charges apply depending on the length of time before the reservation date
- More than one week before the reservation date: 50% charge of the overall price
- 48 hours to one week before the reservation date:75% charge of the overall price
- Less than 48 hours before the reservation date: 100% charge of the overall price
- Bookings from on 24th December until 2nd January: 100% charge of the overall price
- In the unlikely event that Chumbe is unable to accommodate a confirmed booking or reservation, it may be necessary to offer an alternativeo of an equal or other standard accomodation
- If at any time Chumbe needs to make changes that will affect guest stay or we need to cancel your booking, we will inform you as soon as possible, offering a suitable alternative or a refund. This does not apply to small or minor changes during guest stay, resulting from circumstances beyond our control.