THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Boat transport to and from the island
- Accommodation in one of our 7 award winning eco-bungalows
- Full-board meals
- Sodas, water and snacks
- Boat, guide and equipment for snorkeling
- Tuition in snorkeling, if required
- Snorkeling over one of East Africa’s most diverse coral reef
- Guided walk through the forest trails and inter-tidal area (if low tide)
- Access to climb to the top of a historic lighthouse
- Guided walk to view the endangered coconut crabs in the evening
- WiFi around the office (powered by solar)
- All taxes (15% VAT inclusive)
The price is not inclusive of taxi transfers, late boat transfers, alcoholic drinks (which are available for purchase on the island), or items from our boutique (featuring products by local artisans).
Check-in time to Chumbe Island Road boat launch at Chukwani is 9:30 am sharp for pre-registration. Scheduled boat departure to Chumbe Island is at 10:00 a.m. Check-out time is at 08:00 for 09:00 boat departure from Chumbe Island to Chukwani.
We do not have toilets or amenities at our boat launch point, bathrooms are available at our office which is on your route when driving to Chukwani. If you want to use the bathroom before the boat ride please call our booking team before 9am on +255 24 223 1040 or +255 777 413 232. The drive from our office to Chukwani is 10 minutes.
Advance booking for all reservations is required. Later boats to depart to the island can be arranged for US $50. We can collect you from the Airport, Port or town hotels for US $12; or additional island points for a fixed fee. Contact Reservations for late boat and/or taxi coordination.
Since Chumbe Island has only 7 eco-bungalows, their occupancy is very important to the success of our organization. Therefore, the following cancellation charges apply depending on the length of time before the reservation date
- More than one week before the reservation date: 50% charge of the overall price.
- 48 hours to one week before the reservation date: 75% charge of the overall price.
- Less than 48 hours before the reservation date: 100% charge of the overall price.
- Bookings from on 24th December until 2nd January: 100% charge of the overall price.
- In the unlikely event that Chumbe is unable to accommodate a confirmed booking or reservation, it may be necessary to offer an alternative of an equal or other standard accommodation.
- If at any time Chumbe needs to make changes that will affect guest stay or we need to cancel your booking, we will inform you as soon as possible, offering a suitable alternative or a refund. This does not apply to small or minor changes during guest stay, resulting from circumstances beyond our control.