After a one week training course on Chumbe Island, two motivated youth will have access to a six-month internship with the aim of equipping them with employable ranger skills, thereby offering equal opportunities to young women and men once the effects of the pandemic have subsided.
Kwa msaada wa Jumuiya ya Ulaya na Jumuiya ya Nchi za Afrika, Karibiani na Pasifiki kupitia Program ya BIOPAMA, Kisiwa cha Chumbe kinatoa fursa ya mafunzo kwa vijana wavuvi kumi (10) ambao wameathiriwa kiuchumi na janga la CORONA. Mafunzo hayo yana lengo la kukuza ujuzi ambao utaongeza fursa za ajira katika masuala ya uhifadhi na utalii wa baharini. Baada ya kumalizika kwa mafunzo ya wiki moja, vijana wawili wenye motisha watapata fursa ya mafunzo ya miezi sita kwa lengo la kuwapa ujuzi wa kulinda na kutunza rasilimali za bahari na msitu. Program hii imejikita kutoa fursa sawa kwa wasichana na wavulana ili kutoa nafasi sawa kwa wote mara tu athari za janga la corona zitakapokua zimepungua.
- Youth age range: 20-35 years
- born or raised in Zanzibar
- involved in fishing activities
- highly motivated and committed
- interest to transition from fishing to conservation/marine tourism
- Vijana wenye umri kati ya miaka 20-35
- Aliezaliwa au kukulia katika visiwa vya Zanzibar
- Anaejishuhulisha na uvuvi
- Muajibikaji na mchapa kazi
- Awe na hamu ya kutaka kujishuhulishana masuala ya uhifadhi na Utalii wa baharini
- Application through personal interviews: 19 and 20, 22 October
- Application result: 23, October
- Skills development training week 1 (men only): 26-31, October
- Skills development training week 2 (women only): 2-7, November
- Launch of 6 months internship program on Chumbe Island: 15, November
- Maombi yatafanyika kwa njia ya majadiliano (interview) tarehe 19, 20, 22 October
- Application result: 23, October
- Mafunzo kukuza ujuzi week 1 (Wanaume) 26-31, October
- Mafunzo ya kukuza ujuzi week 2 (Wanawake) 2-7, November
- Kuanza kwa mafunzo ya program ya miezi 6 Kisiwani Chumbe 15. November
How to apply
Eligible candidates are invited for personal interviews which will take place at the Chumbe office, from 9-12 and 2-4pm on the above mentioned dates. Required document to bring is a valid ID.
As this program fosters gender equality, we especially encourage young women to apply. Only candidates who participate in the personal interviews will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be informed on 22nd October 2021.
Jinsi ya kuomba
Muombaji mwenye vigezo anatakiwa kuhudhuria mahojiano (interview) ambayo itafanyika katika office za Chumbe kuazia saa tatu asubuhi mpaka saa sita mchana, kisha yataendelea tena saa nane mchana mpaka saa kumi jioni kwa siku na tarehe zilizotajwa hapo juu. Unahitajika kuja na kitambulisha kinacho tambulika.
Kwasababu program ina lengo la kuweka usawa wa kijinsia, hivyo wanawake wanahamasishwa kuomba kwa wingi sana. Muombaji atakae hudhuria interview ndie atakae jumuishwa katika orodha ya waombaji ambao watapewa taarifa tarehe 22 October 2021
In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact:
Enock Kayagambe,firstname.lastname@example.org, +255774593244
Kwa maelezo zaidi usisite kuwasiliana nasi kupitia email email@example.com au simu +255774593244.
‘This website post has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union and the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States through the BIOPAMA Programme. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of CHICOP and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union nor of the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States.’
The Biodiversity and Protected Areas Management (BIOPAMA) programme aims to improve the long-term conservation and sustainable use of natural resources in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries, in protected areas and surrounding communities. It is an initiative of the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States financed by the European Union’s 11th European Development Fund (EDF), jointly implemented by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (JRC). Building on the first five years of activities financed by the 10th EDF (2012-2017), BIOPAMA’s second phase provides tools for data and information management, services for improving the knowledge and capacity for protected area planning and decision making, and funding opportunities for specific site-based actions. www.biopama.org