Get creative and join in: Chumbe Island Coral Park’s Zanzibar song competition about the islands of Zanzibar!
Chumbe Island Coral Park is an internationally acclaimed conservation area, hosting a fully protected coral reef sanctuary and forest reserve. As a not-for-profit enterprise, the revenue generated by eco-tourism on the island funds all conservation management and supports Chumbe’s extensive environmental education programmes with local schools and communities in Zanzibar. Operational for more than 20 years, Chumbe is the world’s first financially self-sustaining marine protected area.
Chumbe Island is organizing this competition as part of a wider community engagement initiative to highlight the beauty and uniqueness of Zanzibar and why it is a special tourism destination.
Competition theme: Zanzibar archipelago
This competition is open only to the citizens of Zanzibar of different ages.
Competitors should write songs focused on topics such as:
- The beauty of Zanzibar
- The uniqueness of Zanzibar / how special it is (history, nature, what it has to offer)
- Why people should visit Zanzibar
- The songs should aim to be promotional about the Zanzibar archipelago, to showcase pride for the islands etc.
- The songs can be of any style and vocal only or sung with an instrument (of any kind)
- It must include lyrics/ words
- Competitors should record their songs using their phone
- The competitors should send their songs through WhatsApp number 0774 007332
- The deadline is 1st of July 2021
Winners and prizes
- The judges will be coordinated with Dhow Country Music Academy DCMA and the first three winners will be awarded cash money.
- Winners should sign for their prizes.
- The 1st prize winners from different categories will be entered into the GRAND PRIZE, which is the opportunity to have their song recorded professionally in a studio with support musicians (one overall winner only). The grand prize winner will also be selected by the above Judges.
- The recorded song will be shared / promoted through local radio stations.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your entries and remain at your disposal for any further questions.
Asanteni sana, The Chumbe Team